6.22.2013

Lucky parents




Derrick and I are sure lucky to have both our parents living in the same city. We don't have to ask them to give us a break from the kids . They freely ask if they could have the kids.

We haven't had a date night since April. How did we let that happen??? We, who vowed, to have weekly date nights before kids. Then 'weekly' turned to at least once a month just to be realistic.

After a drought of NO dates, we sure were lucky to go to dinner twice this week!

My in-laws have the kids Monday during the day. They just kept them till after baths so Derrick and I could go to the Brugge and enjoy mussels. Well, mussels for me and steak and eggs for Derrick.



We also went to the ice cream place by the monon. Enjoyed our mint ice cream with fudge and red velvet {my split scoop} and rainbow sorbet {his}.

My mom wanted the kids Friday night. Since both Derrick and I are working Saturday the request was perfect. so there you go. another opportunity for dinner sans kids.

We frequent an Italian resto just a few miles from our first home. Oh we love this place. So that's where we went last night. Though I'm oncall, I only got paged once. And the rest of dinner was lovely. We sat outside {though humid} and enjoyed chicken involtine {for mrs} and chicken Alfredo {for who else!} and tiramisu for dessert.

We didn't order the calamari this time {try it if you ever stop by broad ripple} -- I think it's the best out of all the places order calamari. We shared prosciutto and melon instead for our appetizer. Delish and superb.
I wish I took a pict to share before we ate it!!!




On my way out to meet hubs. I was so excited to take off the white coat and meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...