1.08.2013

Taste-y Tuesdays {best of.....}

To start this series: let's start with the best of the best! At least according to my (and hubs') palate!
Best Alfredo sauce: my criteria includes tasty and also healthy. I finally found this on cooking light and I love it.

Not my picture -- but mine turned out just like it. (Source)
Best slow cooker pot roast: my own (a variation from my med school friend} it's also the first meal I made for my then bf Derrick. Won him over obviously.
Ingredients:
Pot roast 3-5 lbs (I usually stick to 3)
3 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed and chopped
Salt and pepper
3-4 Potatoes quartered
2 cups baby carrots
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of water
Sometimes I add: one sliced apple or peaches
So easy even a caveman could do it
Steps:
Place veges except bell pepper {and fruit if using } at the bottom of slow cooker
Pierce roast several times with knife and insert garlic in the meat
Rub roast with salt and pepper and cinnamon
Place roast on top of veges.
Add water
Cook on low 7-8 hours (basically when I leave for work and get home)
Last 20-30 mins of cooking, add green bell pepper and turn slow cooker to high.
Tada! That's it!
Other helpful tip: I love slow cookers because I honestly don't even measure my veges. I just dump everything in the pot!

Best lettuce wrap: thanks to my trusty quick and easy Chinese cookbook, I've made this recipe for my mom, friends, several times for my fam and it's always a hit! Will share this recipe in future posts!

Best spare ribs recipe: real simple slow cooker version won our family's hearts and bellies. I use whatever vinegar I have at home. Balsamic or apple cider -- either one worked perfectly.
Made it for our Super Bowl party.... And also for Isabel's bday.

Again not my photo..... (Source)

Best tikka masala: thanks to Jenna weber, finally found a recipe from scratch that is so close to the one served at the Indian resto near our house.
My modification: I used less heavy cream
And also I didn't do all the pre-cooking. I just prepped the chicken and sauce in separate bowls then dumped everything in my slow cooker and let the cooker do its thang!

I'll share other fam favorites next week.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Just bought the ingredients to make the beef ribs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...