1.05.2012

5 weeks of God's promise

My name: Isabel Francesca.

My birthday: 11.25.11

(Day after Thanksgiving, aka Black Friday)


I am named after Elizabeth, Mary's cousin and John the Baptist's mother; and St. Isabel of Portugal (who is Elizabeth of Aragon, who became Queen of Portugal). Mummy and Papi chose the Spanish version of Elizabeth because of St. Isabel and since the name starts with an "I" like my mummy's name: Isis. For the story of St. Isabel of Portugal, click here.


Francesca came from my papi's dad (my Lolo Francisco 'Frank' Delima) and my mummy's great Lola (Apung Cisca: Francisca Lozano). She was my great, great Lola! My Lolo Frank was born October 4th, the feastday of St. Francis of Assisi.


My saint feastday: July 4th

(after St. Isabel)


I have an awesome Kuya (big brother) Daniel. I enjoy his kisses and hugs.


here are some pictures I am sharing for my first blog post:

I am still a little swollen here, just a few hours after birth. According to my papi, my mummy did a great job with the delivery. She enjoyed Thanksgiving with the entire family the day before (with me still inside!). She then went into labor 6am on Friday. After 10 hours of labor (without meds, natural just like with my Kuya) and about 15 minutes of pushing, I was born at 4:06 pm. I was a pound heavier than my kuya Daniel. He was 6 lbs 5 oz at birth and I weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. I was only 5 days early from my due date (whereas Kuya Daniel was 8 days early!)



Our going home picture. Look at my mummy and papi -- so proud to have a little princess.

I am lucky to be born before Christmas. It's such a festive time of the year.


At 2 weeks old: I look satisfied after eating! Kuya Daniel thought I was drinking lemonade from mummy. How funny!


Three weeks old....



I turned 1 month on Christmas Day.
I weighed 9 lbs 2 oz.


All smiles at 5 weeks.

My chubby cheeks are getting chubbier each day!

I have 5 more weeks with my mummy staying at home. She loves being a full time mummy. And I love being with her.

She says I am God's promise

(by the way, Isabel means: God's promise)


Love,

Isabel Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...